Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Never a quiet moment

I love the quiet. I never get that anymore but I absolutely crave it even more than the carbohydrates that I am trying to give up.
I am the type of person who will go on a long road trip and won't even turn the radio on. 4 or 5 hours without music just the sound of the road. But, my car trips now consist of screaming and yelling and being pegged by toys in the head by my son who is trying to develop his pitching arm. And I wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world.
My house is never quiet. Right this second, there is an extra little one over here and I truly now believe that after 4 it doesn't matter how many you have because it can't get any more crazy and they truly do play with each other.
The twins' nap time is usually my down time. Actually, it is when I try to keep up with my new hobby, couponing. I wish I could enjoy my old hobby, napping, but Sarah doesn't share the same love for afternoon naps as I do.
Anyhow, the other day I heard babbling in the cribs after nap time. No, crying just back and forth babble between the 2 cribs. I figured I'd let them entertain each other for a little bit and do a little more work.
Well, that was a big mistake. I walk in the nursery after 15 minutes or so and swell the foulest smell. It smelled like the diaper pail had exploded.
I look at the babies and notice that Christopher is no longer wearing a diaper. You all know where this is going right? I looked in the crib and he had peed in it of course but I assumed that the culprit of the smell was Susannah, the child still fully dressed. Not her. Then it was discovered that he had pooped but where in the world was it. I moved blankets and checked his sister's crib which is in throwing distance of his. After no discovery in the beds, I proceed to move the cribs and there it was lying at the head of the crib just like a dog had come by and did his business.
I got through 2 children without the first incidence of this. I guess it was bound to happen. I will just add this to the list of firsts and lessons learned. Christopher will never go to bed again without pants on again.
So, in my house, if it is quiet it means that someone is doing something that they shouldn't and some days I am quicker than others to go survey the damage and clean up the aftermath.
At least, none of my children have flushed anything down the toilet. Of course, there's always next week. Oh, gotta go get Susannah down off the dinner table.
God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Raising a boy is an experience like no other! Camden was a poopy painter, so I'm sure Christopher has lots more tricks up his sleeve. Thank you for the laugh and the memories of my little dudes and their diaper shenanigans:)

    ReplyDelete