Sunday, February 27, 2011

Playing the game of catch up.

Okay it has been quite a while since I have blogged -- probably due to the fact that every time, yes every time that the twins are awake, two little monkeys are trying to climb in my lap and help.
Of course, the fact that we skype with Daddy on the computer now doesn't help either. Their daddy now lives in a computer in their world. The computer is a thing of both mystery and joy to them. And as fascinating it is for them, it becomes very frustrating for me to do anything with their help.
Alot has gone on since last blog. The garbage disposer stopped working but one of the grandfathers from the bus stop Mr. Paul helped me to get that working. Last Tuesday, the exterminator discovered termites had moved in. I had to have a few of Chris' friends help move boxes and wood and  leaves and pine straw from out of the shed and by the shed so the exterminator can get to the house exterior wall. They hauled away two trucks of garbage. Thank God for Chris and Don.
The day before my dad and stepmom left last week the hall light blew out. We did check the lightbulb but it was not the culprit. I think I have done enough maintenance since Chris has been gone and that one will have to remain on his honey do list.
I feel like my life is always in catch up mode as of say the last 2 years. About the time, I get one thing finished it is time to start again. For example, MOPS. Our mothers of preschoolers group meets every two weeks. I have one week off and then it is time to start gearing up for the next meeting. I suppose if I didn't have something to do, I would be so bored. But I sure would like to know what boredom feels like for a few hours.
My mother in law gave me a plaque for Valentine's Day. It says the following

LAUNDRY
Sort........Tomorrow
Wash......Later
Fold........Next Week
Iron.........Get Real

There has never been anything that has pegged me so accurately. Word of wisdom -- if you don't like to do laundry, don't have 4 kids.

The biggest thing that I feel I need to catch up on is sleep however. I am years in the deficit as far as that one is concerned. Last night, Sydney was at a spend the night party and the twins were in bed by 8pm and asleep. Of course, it was preceded by 45 minutes of ear piercing screaming before the silence started. I don't know where she gets her screeching ability from but I feel sorry for the neighbors.
Sarah and I were bathed and in bed by 8:45. I took a pain pill to try and attack the headache that I have had for a solid week now. Grandma was coming to spend the night so help with the babies would be here if reinforcement was needed.
I laid down very proud of the fact that I was in bed before 11pm. Of course, then the post nasal drip started the coughing. It has been a whole week since we have been off antibiotics so we are all due to start with the cough and congestion again. I decided unwisely to take a dose of nighttime cough syrup.
After all, I could use the sleep.
11pm comes and Susannah starts the crying. 30 minutes later still crying and I give up and go get her out of the crib. Well lo and behold, guess who else is up? That's right. Seems I let Susannah wail too long and now Christopher had joined the party.
Susannah only screamed about 20 minutes this time before getting out of my lap to go wrestle her brother. I let them play on the floor to wear themselves down. Remember all the drugs I took?
All of a sudden, I get woke up when something hit my head. I had fallen asleep and Christopher was beating me on the head with a small tin pail. That was my clue they were going back to bed.
Anyhow, did I mention I already had a headache? They cried for about 20 more minutes and thankfully Grandma got up with them the rest of the night. I found all 3 of them on the floor this morning when I got up for church.
I will forever be playing catch up-- especially with the laundry-- for at least for the next 18 years. I wouldn't trade it for anything. How blessed I am to be here to play the game of catch up and not just to be in the stands.
God bless and batter up!

1 comment: