Thursday, February 3, 2011

A new journey

Okay guys so as I sit here eating from a big bag of Reese's pieces I am a little saddened but mainly hopeful about my new journey. A week ago, a doctor from the holistic health center came to visit our MOPS group. She has spoke at all the area MOPS groups and came very highly recommended. I made an appointment for a consultation and had my urine and saliva tested at her office today.
The results were astounding. I feel validated actually that all the fatigue and exhaustion I have dealt with (even before breast cancer and children) is actually a condition that she feels can be turned around with some simple minerals and dietary changes.
So, no more binging on icecream and reese's pieces after the kids have gone to bed. People with blood type O do not handle carbs well. Therefore, the only starches I am allowed is rice and sweet potatoes. She is allowing me to keep my 2 Dr. Peppers a day because she feels my pain and I can drink coffee. So, I will gladly give up my sweets for the Dr. Pepper.
I will take a probiotic, mineral drops and some vitamins that will return full function to my thyroid which is operating at maximum capacity and doing a poor job. She remains hopeful that I will see improvement in as little as 3 days.
I pray that this will be the answer to many lost years. Sydney, age 7, has never known a mom who feels like running around and playing catch and jumping rope and riding bikes and all the fun things that moms and daughters do. I have just sat by and watch her and her dad share all this high energy activities. She doesn't know a mom who is not always taking medicine for headaches and muscle pains. She has seen a mom brought home from the hospital more times than I would like. She cries for me and worries about me when I don't feel good.
And I am tired of it. I am tired of being tired and not being the mom that she deserves or not being able to be the mom that I want to be or the wife that is kayaking or bike riding with her husband or the one who doesn't have to lie down to nap most days. I want to have energy left at the end of the day to be able to give my kids a bath or cook a nice dinner. I want my life back.
So pray for my ability to stick with this and pray for tangible results that I can feel and that my children and husband can see.
I am optimistic. I know that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" but I pray that this is one of the vessels He will use to give me some of that strength and the life that He wants for me back. Not necessarily for me but for my kids.
So to those of you who have called me "super mom" before, I am just as worn out, stressed and sleep deprived as you all. So at least I know the reasons now for the years of aches and pain and memory fogginess and fatigue.
I will let you all know in 3 days what things are like. Remember me in your prayers and please pray that the lack of sugar doesn't make me moodier than I already am. My children especially will appreciate that prayer. And I know that Chris is very thankful that he won't be here to see that train if it derails.
It is a little astounding to think that my husband could come back to a whole different woman than he married. Being able to do the things that I have always wanted to do but just didn't have the energy to do, well that in itself would truly be a miracle.
Stay tuned..........

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited and optimistic for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like you said through Christ all things are possible. You can do it and all you need to do is focus. I'm sure u know this already but I'm learning a lot from you and am very blessed to have you in my life. Thank you to you and your husband for helping me out in my time of need. I'm just glad I can volunteer and help and actually feel that I am not wasting my day away. Now if I can master staying away from facebook and put my focus on something useful.lol. I'll pray for you and I don't have to ask for you to pray for me cause I know and feel everyone prayers for me. Keep it up and you can do it don't give up when it's rough and at least your doing something now! <3 u n take care.

    ReplyDelete