Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why does time go so quickly and our bodies go with it?

Okay, twins are down for a nap, Sarah is working on her 3rd snack of the morning and the laundry is going. After the piles are taller than the kids, it is time to start washing. Forget about the folding and putting it away that is all optional. At least they are clean right?
Mama's going out tonight to a fancy party and I'm going stag. Going to meet up with one of my girlfriends and be her "date" for the night. Anyhow, should be fun. Nails done check. Hope they don't get messed up before tonight when there is still much work to be done. Babysitter check. She's even coming early so I am assured a shower and time for makeup application. Dinner for kids -- pizza-- check. Outfit for tonight -- not so much.
Well, you know how you hang on to clothes waiting for the day that you will lose your baby weight and look as great as you did before you had 4 kids. Why do we do that? Even if we get to the same weight again, body configurations are never the same. What is up with that? Half of my closet is things that I will fit in again one day. My wardrobe looks like that of the yo-yo dieter. Larger clothes that don't fit anymore but might fight if I keep eating chocolate to curb my daily stress and smaller clothes that I wore back in highschool because one day I will get down to that size again. Yeah, right.
Anyways, last night at 11pm I started trying on outfits for this black tie event tonight. Why did I procrastinate? Oh yeah, my 4 kids needs came before mine and I had to go to the grocery store before their sale went off. By the way, I got $200 worth of groceries for $92.00. Score!
Okay, 11pm trying on clothes in the living room so I don't wake Sarah who is sleeping in my bed. Found 2 dresses in the way back of the closet. The short black dressy dress that I have never worn (was a good deal and waiting to get down to that size). Anyways, that would work if I didn't breath or bend over during the night. I must have gotten taller since I bought it 10 years ago. Dress #2 was worn to the Marine Corp ball pre-kids. Yeah, that wasn't happening either but of course, I am gonna hold onto that one because one day.......
So, borrowed a few outfits from my friend Suzy. Several options. Think I finally decide on something so I go to pull out my black high heels and wipe the dust off of them except I realize they are navy not black.
And I haven't checked the weather but it will probably be 20 degrees tonight and I'll be wearing a short sleeveless dress. Oh well, so will probably 80% of the ladies there.
I am excited about getting to socialize in party attire. Very excited for Frankie and Michael Brooks -- 5 years. It seems like yesterday I was just at their 1 year anniversary party. Cannot believe it.
What am I gonna wear? Not 100% sure yet. Better finish figuring that one out before the babies wake up and before it is time to pick up Sydney from gymnastics and after I clean the toilets and play cars with Sarah and what was I supposed to be doing.......oh yeah, the outfit.
God bless and have a fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment